Today at school was our award ceremony. Awards were given out based upon academic achievement and citizenship. One of my students was pleasantly surprised when his name was called. Upon returning to his chair with his medal around his neck he said, "I'm so knocked out". He repeated this several times while trying to figure out if the medal was real gold. These are truly sweet moments when teaching pays off.
5 comments:
You are an amazing teacher! The kids probably are going to cry when they leave today!!! Have a fun summer!
Yes, those "sweet teaching moments" make it all worthwhile! This is Crystal Spackman from SUU posting! :)
Hurray for you...the end of the year. It will be my turn in 3 weeks. I imagine you have had many truly sweet moments this year. I hope it wasn't too hard for them to say good-bye to you today. I think the last day is always bitter sweet.
I'm moving from 6th to 2nd this year......what's your biggest challenge? What should I expect?
Be prepared for a lot of energy and short attention spans. I find that 2nd graders are very excited to learn and want to please others. This last year I had a little bit of tattling, so be prepared for that. Other than that I love the little ones!!!
Post a Comment