Working in the high school, I like Utahfutures.org. There are so many uses from this website, scholarship searches, test preparation, resume writing and a lot more. I just wish students would take advantage of the site.
I, too, use Utahfutures.org. All of my business management classes were required to write a resume after a career exploration unit I co-taught with my school counselor. It was great! I have a list of links I keep in my UEN file on the website and show them as I teach certain units. Supreme Court Case Studies - http://www.streetlaw.org/en/landmark.aspx CIA World Factbook - https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/ White House - http://www.whitehouse.gov/ Weapons of WWI - http://www.firstworldwar.com/weaponry/index.htm Snopes Urban Legend Website - http://www.snopes.com/ Credit and Budgeting - http://www.essortment.com/credit-budgeting/
Thanks for all of those websites. It looks like you have a wealth of websites that are great to use. I am adding them to my bookmarks. Thanks again for sharing.
4 comments:
Working in the high school, I like Utahfutures.org. There are so many uses from this website, scholarship searches, test preparation, resume writing and a lot more. I just wish students would take advantage of the site.
I, too, use Utahfutures.org. All of my business management classes were required to write a resume after a career exploration unit I co-taught with my school counselor. It was great!
I have a list of links I keep in my UEN file on the website and show them as I teach certain units.
Supreme Court Case Studies - http://www.streetlaw.org/en/landmark.aspx
CIA World Factbook - https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
White House - http://www.whitehouse.gov/
Weapons of WWI - http://www.firstworldwar.com/weaponry/index.htm
Snopes Urban Legend Website - http://www.snopes.com/
Credit and Budgeting - http://www.essortment.com/credit-budgeting/
Alesha,
Thanks for all of those websites. It looks like you have a wealth of websites that are great to use. I am adding them to my bookmarks. Thanks again for sharing.
my Government classes use www.oyez.org to find quick summaries on Supreme Court cases, works well for our subject.
Post a Comment